Paris – city of light
Paris is the capital of France and the country’s largest city. It is situated on the river Seine, in northern France, at the heart of the Ile-de-France region. The city of Paris within its administrative limits (largely unchanged since 1860) has an estimated population of 2,167,994 (January 2006).
Paris is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, with over 30 million foreign visitors per year. There are numerous iconic landmarks among its many attractions, along with world-famous institutions and popular parks.
Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris, often referred to as Sciences Po, is a Grand Établissement in Paris, France. Sciences Po has traditionally educated the French political and diplomatic elite, but its academic focus spans not only the political and economic
sciences, but also law, communications, finance, business, urban policy, management, and journalism. Its campus is just off the Seine River, and within walking distance of Notre Dame de Paris, the Panthéon, and the Assemblée Nationale. It comprises 17th and 18th century mansions located on and around Rue Saint-Guillaume in the VIIe arrondissement of the Left Bank.
Information about EMPA Programme can be seen here.
- Sciences Po can’t host extra EMPA-students, therefore EMPA students are included in the regular Erasmus quota.
- Students can choose from the regular master courses.
- Since most of the courses are taught in French, a good command of the French language is needed (B-2 level)!
- Applying occurs through the electronic registration system. Students have to be nominated by their home institution before they can send in a formal application package.
- Practical information can be seen here.
- Contact person:
Ms. Julia Lindblom
International Relations Manager / Erasmus Coordinator
International Affairs and Exchanges Office
27 rue saint Guillaume 75337 Paris cedex 07 France
Tel +33 (0)1 45 49 76 10
Fax +33 (0)1 45 49 76 12